xAssets solutions are based on a Sql Server data model which is optimised for huge scalability
without compromising the depth of information stored on each asset and incident. We use Microsoft
Sql Server 2005 and 2008 to achieve scaling and our database design is fully "normalised" with no
repetition of text information or images. This means the CPU and Input/Output usage on each server
is minimised and response times of 1 or 2 seconds are common even in a hosted environment.
This technology enables support for very large implementations of 100,000 discovered Windows PCs or over 1,000,000 fixed asset records
in a single database on a medium specification server.
- Use the latest Microsoft Sql Server technology
- Fully normalised database
- Database Indexes are optimised manually for very large implementations
- ASP.NET technology enables fast response times, even in hosted environments
- Data is sectioned and paged so that web browsers receive manageable data sets
- For hosted installations, we use powerful servers to ensure excellent response times
- Application Server and Sql Server can be separate servers as required
Sites larger than 30,000 discovered Windows nodes, or 300,000 fixed asset records, receive database tuning assistance from our
Sql Server Database Administrators. We carry specialist expertise in Sql Server query plan optimisation.
This ensures that every query runs quickly and users get the fastest possible response times.
Sites larger than 100,000 discovered Windows nodes, or 1,000,000 fixed asset records, receive additional database design consultations from our
Sql Server Database Administrators. Typically these projects would scale well and still give very fast response times
when the amount of child data stored against each asset is optimised
to meet customer requirements taking into consideration the performance of each query.