Software Discovery Service
xAssets Software Discovery Service is a 60 day service to discover your entire network and all software
in use on all computers. The service is confidential, low cost, fast, light, requires no internal expertise, does not deploy agents,
and is fully managed by xAssets.
The service uses xAssets Network Discovery in a hosted environment
to provide the quickest route to Software License Compliance and Hardware Inventory.
This service is used by some of the largest Microsoft Large Account Resellers (LARs) to discover customer
networks as part of their Enterprise Agreement (EA) renewal process.
Our certified product specialists connect with each customer to discover the whole network
and provide software license compliance reports.
You don't need any specific expertise to run the service because our product specialists control it for you.
The service is hosted, fast, affordable, quick to setup, has no effect on the network, does not deploy agents, and
does not need any ports opened.
We deploy a very small collection server tool onto a single VM in the customers network to collect discovery information.
We run discovery for up to 30 days and then allow access to the user interface and reports library for an additional 30 days.
The service can then be extended if the customer wishes to continue.
The Fastest Route to Software License Compliance
- A hosted solution for companies with 200 to 100,000 network nodes
- Discover the Entire Network and Remove Unwanted Software
- Import Software Purchase Orders and automatically match off against Recognised Software
- Use Built in Compliance reports and Purchase or Uninstall underlicensed software
- All software on your network is recognised as part of the service
The compliance process can usually begin as soon as we install the service.
Customers with less than 1,000 nodes usually get a software compliance statement on the same day as service deployment.
For a typical organisation with 5,000 discoverable IT assets, visibility of the legal
compliance position can be available in a few days and accurate compliance status position
statements can be taken within four weeks.
- Discover Software Installed on PCs across the Network
- Analyse Software Installed on PCs across the Network
- Import Software License Purchases
- Match Software License Purchases against Usage on the Network
- Remove unauthorised software installations, freeing up licenses
- No agents
The discovery processes uses a wide variety of discovery techniques to collect
Software information from assets across the network including the following:
- Operating Systems Version and Edition
- Sql Server Licensing Model Identification
- AutoRun entries from Local User and System Registry
- Software is discovered and identified from executable file headers AND from registry entries
- Services running on both Servers and Desktops
- Antivirus software is recognised and classified
- Detailed Hardware Asset Information including Monitors, VM Hosts and Devices
- Microsoft CIDC Reports, and a comprehensive library of reports for Software and Hardware Inventory
Software Recognition is complemented by a manual recognition process.
We receive unrecognised software lists from customers on a regular basis,
and these items are manually investigated by our staff
and added to the software recognition database. xAssets feeds software recognition data to your
local installation or hosted installation on a regular basis, so unrecognised software is always
dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
Click here to learn more about xAssets Network Discovery >
Click here to learn more about xAssets IT Asset Management Software >