xAssets for SCCM - IT Asset Management
SCCM stores key information on important assets in your organisation - desktops and servers - but there will be endpoints which are
not in SCCM and there will be reporting and lifecycle asset management requirements which cannot be met by SCCM's software.
xAssets IT Asset Management includes SCCM integration, the additional endpoints can be discovered with xAssets Discovery, integration to Active Directory
and other IT systems can be added, and software licensing, procurement, disposal, service management, workflows and other functions are provided out of the box
within an adaptive and customisable framework.
Strategically this provides a holistic and rapid solution to implementing IT asset management quickly and effectively at low cost.
- SCCM integration works "out of the box" enabling an instant inventory with frequent updates
- A centralized respository for all IT asset data
- Add data from other sources such as spreadsheets and other applications
- Use xAssets Network Discovery tools to discover all types of endpoints not present in SCCM
- Cloud hosted or on-premise
- Adds Software Asset Management and Software Licensing to your SCCM inventory
- Manage Windows, Linux, Unix, IP phones, network equipment and SNMP kit
- Manage contracts, spares, storage and financials
- Manage the full asset lifecycle from procurement, approval, receiving, deployment through in-service to obsolescence and disposal
- Powerful charting and reporting
Integration includes all hardware, device and software information so functions for desktop management, server management and software asset management
are immediately covered without needing configuration work.
The integration runs on a schedule where SCCM nodes are prioritised according to recency, change history and other
rules which can be adjusted to customer requirements.
Once integration has run we typically complete the implementation with the following steps:
- Use xAssets Discovery to uncover and discover nodes which are not in SCCM
- Add Active Directory integration to provide more detailed user records
- Import MLS Statements and other software purchase evidence to enable software license management
- Enable Sql Server and Exchange discovery
- Integrate to the help desk to provide incident and asset intelligence in both systems
- Connect in the IT user groups with the permissions they need for their job role
- Integrate to financial systems to allow asset valuations and more detailed financial reporting
- Add custom charts, queries and reports to ensure all user groups have the information needed
System Center and SCCM integration is a component of our IT Asset Management Software
SCCM integration is provided "out of the box" and can be configured to fine tune which data is transferred. By default this includes
detailed hardware and software data. This data can go on to contribute to the
Software Asset Management process without needing to
discover those assets again with a different discovery tool